November 6th, 2008
Spelling: None today due to a lockdown drill.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 36-38 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on chunking words as a reading strategy.
Writing: None today due to technology.
A personal narrative, based on a true story (slightly fictionalized), is due Monday, November 10. This will be the final writing grade of the first marking period.
Math: We reviewed the partial sums method of addition. Homework is to complete Journal p. 40 using the partial sums method. Check the Student Reference Book for more details on this method.
Science: We completed the Circles of Light experiment today to see what happens when red, blue and green light are shone in the same location. Homework is to complete the analyze and conclude questions if not done in class.
Social Studies: We learned about the famous characteristics of the West region and played pictionary to review.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 150
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.