November 7th, 2008
Class activities for Friday, November 7
Spelling: We discovered common spelling patterns for the /s/sound: s, ci, ce, cy.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 36-38 were due today.
Reading: Students completed an informational reading test today. The class also received a STAR reading level report. The average class reading level from the November STAR test was 4.78, almost four months improved from the 4.40 beginning test from September! At this pace, the class will achieve a year’s growth by February! All the hard work in Literature Circles and reading 20 minutes nightly at home is paying off. Great work, everyone!
Writing: Today was a work day in Writer’s Workshop.
A personal narrative, based on a true story (slightly fictionalized), is due Monday, November 10. This will be the final writing grade of the first marking period.
Math: Today, students worked on Math Skills. Have your student show you their Math Skills tracking sheet.
Science: We talked about testable questions today. Students learned that testable questions are ones that can be answered by doing some sort of test. Later in the year, students will create and test their own testable questions.
Social Studies: We reviewed for the Regions test coming on Tuesday.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 159
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.