November 10th, 2008
Spelling: We discovered two more common spelling patterns for the /s/sound: ss, sc.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39, 40 and 44 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: A piece of writing was due into portfolios today. Also, we discussed possible topic ideas for a class book.
Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, which will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: We created a class graph of shoe sizes today. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 44-45.
Science: Students made Circles of Light torn paper mosaics to remind them how red, blue and green light interact to make colored light, including white light. Homework is to finish the mosaic if not done in class.
Social Studies: A test over US Regions will be tomorrow.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 166
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.