November 11th, 2008
Class activities for Tuesday, November 11
Spelling: We learned that a vowel followed by the letter r makes a new sound: hut/hurt, bid/bird
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39, 40 and 44 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on determining importance as a reading strategy.
Writing: We continued to narrow down our list of possible class book topics.
Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, which will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: None today due to a Veteran’s Day assembly. Homework is complete 20 problems subtracting numbers from 100, and then adding to double check the problem. For example, 100-17=83, 83+17-100. This homework is the result of so many students not being able to correctly calculate their 100 facts test scores.
Science: None today due to a double social studies time.
Social Studies: Students completed a test over US Regions and received new Michigan books.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 173
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.