November 12th, 2008
Spelling: We started to review prefixes and suffixes.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39, 40 and 44 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We decided that our class book topic would be: If I Were President… Homework is to start a list or web of ideas.
Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: We practiced making bar graphs today. Each student created a survey question and collected data from the class. Homework is to create a bar graph rough draft using the survey data.
Social Studies: None due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 178
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.