November 17th, 2008
Spelling: None today due to getting new seats.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on fix up strategies.
Writing: Today was a drafting day for our class book: If I Were President… Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: We reviewed the trade-first method of subtraction. This is very similar to the method they already know, and just involves making all trades (or borrowing) first, then subtracting. Homework is to complete Journal p. 46.
Science: We reviewed the color filter experiment from last week.
Social Studies: We talked about the judicial branch of government. Homework is to complete a Branches of Government flip chart showing the name, definition and an illustration of each branch.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 3
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 203
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.