November 14th, 2008
Spelling: We learned that prefixes are added to a base word to create a new meaning.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 39, 40 and 44 were due today.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on context clues as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today was a prewriting day for our class book: If I Were President… Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: Students worked on Math Skills today. There was also a MiniQuiz over bar graphs.
Science: We remembered past science units and thought of testable questions that we were still wondering about.
Social Studies: We talked about the legislative and executive branches of government and how laws are made.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 6
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 195
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.