November 19th, 2008
Spelling: We learned that numbers up to 99 are hyphenated when written in words (twenty-four, thirty-two). Students practiced hyphenating numbers while reviewing math facts. We will have a spelling test on Friday. Students received a Take-Home Task today to help them review /s/ spelling patterns, which is the skill test for Friday. The Take-Home Task is for parents and students to work on together.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and due Friday.
Reading: None today due to the half day schedule.
Writing: None today due to the half day schedule. Today is scheduled to be a revising day for our class book: If I Were President… Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: None today due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 214
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.