November 20th, 2008
Spelling: We reviewed common /s/ spelling patterns: s, ss, sc, ci, ce, cy. These patterns will be the skill tested on tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 45-47 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was the final reading day for this cycle of Literature Circles. Students will be working next on projects to share their books with the class. Ask you student how their book turned out and what they liked about it.
Writing: Today was a revising day for our class book: If I Were President… Each student will write and illustrate one page for our class book, and this page will also be submitted into portfolios on December 1.
Math: We practiced the trade-first method of subtraction today.
Science: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: None today due to the half day schedule.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 218
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time online.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.