November 26th, 2008
Today we focused on our Thanksgiving blessings. We listened and learned a dance to the Shaker song, Simple Gifts:
After listing our blessings, students created a wreath to display some of their blessings.
Hope your family has a happy Thanksgiving holiday!
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no orange magnets (record: 29): 234
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Children’s Speller and Dictionary Order due Friday, December 5. Franklin has a sale in December every year. This dictionary, which we have in class, is on sale for $5 off, plus free shipping. Here’s more information and an order form.
- Capitol Field Trip on Tuesday, December 9. Click here for more information or a permission slip. Let me know if you would like to chaperone.
- Donations for sponsored family: our class will be collecting donations for a few families in need this holiday season. A letter went home with students explaining food and gift donations. Our class will be donating items for a 7-year old boy. Several students volunteered to donate one of the gifts from the shopping list provided; others volunteered to donate wrapping paper and tape. We will wrap the gifts on Friday, December 12. Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Lauren and Emily