December 11th, 2008
Spelling: We listed words with common spelling patterns for the /j/ sound: gi, gy, ge, j, dge.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 51-53 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Four groups performed their Literature Circles projects today; the remaining two groups will present tomorrow.
Writing: None today due to Bring a Family Member to School Day. Thanks to all the family members that visited us today (about 20 people came!)!
Math: None today due to art.
Science: We graded the Light Investigation Review. We’ll have a test on Monday assessing these concepts:
- Light is energy;
- White light is made of millions of different colors;
- Prisms and color filters;
- How to make colored light from red, blue and green light; and,
Social Studies: We learned about the local level of government. Homework is to complete review worksheet pp. 31 and 33.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 1
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 4): 39
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 19. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list.
- Donations for sponsored family: our class will be collecting donations for a few families in need this holiday season. A letter went home with students explaining food and gift donations. Our class will be donating items for a 7-year old boy. Several students volunteered to donate one of the gifts from the shopping list provided; others volunteered to donate wrapping paper and tape. We will wrap the gifts on Friday, December 12. Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Matt and Savanna