December 10th, 2008
Spelling: We discovered common spelling patterns for the /j/ sound: gi, gy, ge, j, dge.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 51-53 are available and due Friday.
Reading: None today due to a double math time. Tomorrow will be a double reading time.
Writing: We talked about using dialogue and description to bring characters to life. Our next piece will be a fictional story, due into portfolios by December 19.
Science: Students played shadow darts today. The object was to create a shadow just the right size to hit a dart board. Homework is to complete the Light Investigation Review.
Social Studies: None today due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 1
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 4): 38
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 19. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list.
- Bring a Family Member to School Day is tomorrow! Classroom activities start at 3:15.
- Donations for sponsored family: our class will be collecting donations for a few families in need this holiday season. A letter went home with students explaining food and gift donations. Our class will be donating items for a 7-year old boy. Several students volunteered to donate one of the gifts from the shopping list provided; others volunteered to donate wrapping paper and tape. We will wrap the gifts on Friday, December 12. Thanks for helping this family have a wonderful Christmas!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- Sign up for daily email updates, including activities, homework and important information.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Matt and Savanna