January 8th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed the Unit 5 spelling worksheets today.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 57-59 are available and due Monday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students also received their STAR reading level from December. We took another STAR reading test today; the class average reading level dropped from the December score:
See all our progress in our Data Center.
Writing: None today due to technology. Students completed a STAR reading test and worked on a digital inspirational poster.
A piece of fiction is due January 23; students should be drafting at this point.
Math: We learned that parentheses in a number sentence indicate what to solve first. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 68-69.
Science: Students located objects in the room that contained iron or steel. They also noticed that magnets pull together or push apart when placed near each other.
Social Studies: We reviewed Michigan’s weather and climate and took notes in our minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 5
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 31): 0
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39): 6
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is rescheduled for Friday, January 9. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending. Add your name by clicking here. Please let me know if there are any problems with donations due to rescheduling the party.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: None scheduled yet.