March 13th, 2009
Class activities for Friday, March 13
Spelling: None today due to writing and sharing summaries of our fiction novels.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students also completed an informational reading test.
Writing: Students continued to work on their novel being written and typed at docs.mrhowd.com. Ask your student what their word count goal is and how many words they have written so far. This piece is due March 27. Click here for further details. Visit our Novel blog to check on the latest word counts.
Math: Students completed a math MiniQuiz today.
Science: We watched a movie about electrical safety today.
Social Studies: We reviewed the Fact or Fiction organizer and wrote notes in our minibooks.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 0
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 10): 7
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Emily and Matt
- Sign up for Spring Conferences here.