March 30th, 2009
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: The final group of students shared their monologue with the class, practicing volume, speed and tone.
Writing: Students were introduced to our next writing piece, the I-Search research project (click here for more details). This digital presentation is due Wednesday, April 29. Today, students were asked to write a question they would like to research, such as:
- What would it be like to be / live / do…?
- What would be different if…?
- What are the best / worst / strangest / biggest / most amazing / weirdest…?
- What are some reasons to…?
- What are some reasons not to…?
Math: Due to art, math was limited to completing a MiniQuiz.
Science: None due to students completing a writing prompt piece for the McGrath Writing Committee.
Social Studies: We played a game to review for tomorrow’s test over the first people of Michigan.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 9
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 7): 11
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.