March 31st, 2009
Class activities for Tuesday, March 31
Spelling: None today due to extra time with Writer’s Workshop.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays; This week’s assignment is due Thursday.
Reading: Mrs. Richard’s first grade class came to visit today for reading buddies. The class read to their buddies, and the buddies read back to their fourth grade partner.
Writing: Today, students formed a question to research, and some started to collect research for our I-Search research project (click here for more details). We also brainstormed the steps to completing this project (scroll and zoom in/out to view the entire mind map:
Visit our research website and see what students are working on. This digital presentation is due Wednesday, April 29.
Math: We started working on estimating sums. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 120-120 if not completed in class.
Science: Three groups presented their Wicked Weather melodramas today.
Social Studies: Students completed a test over the first people of Michigan.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 16
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 7): 12
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- View a press release about our Novel Writing Project!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Kyle and Jacob