April 20th, 2009
Spelling: Students completed a spelling test and skill test over irregular verbs.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on questioning as a reading strategy.
Visit our research website and see what students are working on. This digital presentation is due Wednesday, April 29 and will be presented Friday, May 1.
Math: We reviewed the partial products method of multiplication and started a miniquiz over this concept. The lattice method of multiplication was also introduced. Homework is to finish Journal pp. 130.
Science: Students completed an experiment today about the size of the moon compared to the earth. Homework is to finish the experiment worksheet and questions.
Social Studies: We reviewed French Explorers, took notes in our minibooks, and watched a two video clips about Father Marquette and the fur trade.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 2
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 7): 20
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mackinac Trip is May 8. Only nine students have fully paid. As shown to the right, our class still has about $1,500 to reach our goal. We are accepting final donations this week.
- View a press release about our Novel Writing Project!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Kayla S. and Jennifer