April 21st, 2009
Spelling: None today due to students moving to new seats.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on visualizing as a reading strategy.
Visit our research website and see what students are working on. This digital presentation is due Wednesday, April 29 and will be presented Friday, May 1.
Science: Students reviewed yesterday’s experiment and learned that the moon is four times smaller than the earth.
Social Studies: We learned about the fur trade in Michigan and the construction of forts to protect the fur trade.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 2
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 7): 21
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mackinac Trip is May 8. Here is how our class is doing with fundraising and donations:
- Full paid: 11 students
- Mostly paid: 3 students
- Partially paid: 8 students
- No payments: 5 students
As shown to the right, our class still has about $1,000 to reach our goal. We are accepting final donations this week.