April 29th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed proper usage for these homophones: there/their/they’re/theirs/there’s.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students practiced reading plays from their magazines to share with the class on Friday.
The final digital presentation is due Thursday, April 30 by 7:00 pm. Any changes after that time may not go into effect. Our I-Search Conference is Friday, May 1; family members are invited to hear student presentations in the small gym, from 10:30 am until 11:50 am.
I also asked students to wear business casual-type clothing, no jeans, shorts or t-shirts please. Students are welcome to bring a change of clothes for after our presentations.
Math: We played a game to review for our math test on Friday, about these concepts:
- Estimating sums and products;
- Extended multiplication facts;
- Comparing large numbers;
- Multiplication (up to three digit times two digit numbers); and,
- Multiplication number stories.
Science: We took notes in our minibooks about features of the moon compared to the earth and sun.
Social Studies: None today due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 7
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 3): 1
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mackinac Trip is May 8. Here is how our class is doing with fundraising and donations:
- Full paid: 17 students
- Mostly paid: 5 students
- Partially paid: 1 students
- No payments: 4 students
As shown to the right, our class still has about $600 to reach our goal. We are currently accepting final donations.