May 1st, 2009
Spelling: None today due to our I-Search Conference presentations.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Students read plays from their magazines to share with the class.
Writing: Students shared their I-Search presentations today with other classes from our school.
Our next portfolio piece will be a collection of poems, due Friday, May 22.
Math: Students completed a math test about these concepts:
- Estimating sums and products;
- Extended multiplication facts;
- Comparing large numbers;
- Multiplication (up to three digit times two digit numbers); and,
- Multiplication number stories.
Science: In health today, we reviewed how to stay safe at home from these hazards:
- bruises/broken bones
- electrical shocks
- breathing problems (choking, suffocating)
We also talked about how to stay safe when home alone, and when to call 911 for help.
Social Studies: None today due to our I-Search Conference presentations.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 2
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 3): 2
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our Mackinac Trip is May 8. Here is how our class is doing with fundraising and donations:
- Full paid: 18 students
- Mostly paid: 5 students
- Partially paid: 1 students
- No payments: 1 student
As shown to the right, our class has about $300 to reach our goal. We are currently accepting final donations.