May 20th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to library.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to a ForMar Nature Preserve assembly on Michigan and the Great Lakes.
Writing: None today due to a ForMar Nature Preserve assembly on Michigan and the Great Lakes.
A collection of poems is due Friday, May 22.
Math: We reviewed division and discuss the tomorrow’s test, which will be about the following concepts:
- Division (up to four digit numbers divided by one digit numbers)
- Multiplication and division number stories
Homework is to finish Journal p. 162 if not finished in class.
Science: Students continued to work on their Space Fashion Show scripts and costume design. We will have a final work day tomorrow, and the Space Fashion Show will be Friday, May 22 at 1:30 pm in the small gym. Click here for more information.
Social Studies: None today due to library.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 15
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 3
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 1
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Shayla, Alexis