May 18th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to discussing the class’ experience with the guest teacher on Friday.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading and discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to art.
Math: We reviewed multiplication and division number stories and practiced interpreting the remainder of a division problem. Remainders can be thought about in a number of different ways:
- Split the remainder (split a cookie into thirds)
- Do not split the remainder (4 toys each, with two toys remaining)
- Ignore the remainder (buy 4 notebooks, and have $2 left)
- Round up (round 4 R 2 to 5 if you need 5 tables to fit all the people)
Homework is to finish Journal pp. 156-158.
Social Studies: None today due to extra math time.
- Yellow magnets: 4
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 2
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 6): 1
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- This week’s juice volunteers: Shayla, Alexis