June 8th, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: No more for the year.
Reading: None today.
Writing: No more for the year.
Math: Students played fraction war to compare fractions. We also learned that adding the same fraction over and over is the same as multiplying the fraction by a whole number. For example, 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 1/2 * 3 = 3/2. Homework is to change five improper fractions into mixed numbers, by dividing.
Science: We finished learning about states of matter and the water cycle. Homework is to finish Investigation Review pp. 84-85 if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today.
- Yellow magnets: 5
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 5
- Hours with no yellow magnets (record: 58): 1
- Days with no orange magnets (record: 39; previous score: 1): 13
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet.
- Our End of the Year Potluck and Picnic is Friday, June 12, from 1:00-3:30 p. Here is volunteer list. If you would like to attend for lunch, or can help, please RSVP here.
- Do you have a plan to keep your student learning over the summer? Check out the GRASP Summer Reading and Math program and other opportunities to make sure your student is ready for fifth grade!
- View grades, assignments, attendance and even the report card at SnapGrades.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.