September 9th, 2009
We continued today to work on and practice procedures for the new school year. Students received new seats and desks, completed a cursive quiz, received their lockers, elected team captains, and made locker signs.
Mrs. Houser taught a lesson to help us understand two MEAP phrases: “unnecessary information” and “apostrophe.”
Also, we watched the speech President Obama gave to students yesterday. Tomorrow, we’ll make goals for ourselves and our class, as the President suggested.
- Our Open House is Thursday, from 6-7 p. Come visit the room, introduce your family, and chat about the upcoming year!
- Team Day is Friday, September 11, from 10:00-11:30 a. Students will be particpating in several cooperative, team-building activiting. Family members are needed to help manage the activities; directions will be provided. Do you know someone who can help? Just contact me and let me know!
- View the school supply list.
- Grand Blanc has a new Wellness Policy (PDF).
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.