September 10th, 2009
Today, each student created several personal goals, inspired by the speech President Obama gave to students on Tuesday. Later, student will publish their goals and progress at a class website to be created in the future.
We also created some goals for our class:
- We will improve our STAR reading level every month, and achieve a year’s growth or more by the end of the year.
- All students will pass the Multiplication and Division “Super Mad Minute” tests by the end of the year.
- We will move our magnets no more than ten times each week.
Other activities we worked on:
- Teams were given class jobs and we continued to practice class procedures.
- Students were given “shuttle folders” today. Look for these plastic folders when students have papers, homework or notes to take home, or bring back to school.
- We played People Bingo (PDF) to continue to get to know each other.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 2
- Our Open House is tonight, from 6-7 p. Come visit the room, introduce your family, and chat about the upcoming year!
- Team Day is Friday, September 11, from 10:00-11:30 a. Students will be participating in several cooperative, team-building activities. Family members are needed to help manage the activities; directions will be provided. Do you know someone who can help? Just contact me and let me know!
- View the school supply list.
- Grand Blanc has a new Wellness Policy (PDF).
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.