September 11th, 2009
Class activities for Friday, September 11
Today, we worked on these activities:
- We practiced multiples (2, 4, 6, 8 or 3, 6, 9, 12) for the warmup.
- Today was Team Day. Students had to work together to…
- cross a line, while keeping their shoes touching their neighbors shoes at all times
- untie a not in a rope around a tree, while holding the rope, not letting go, and not switching hands
- get their entire group on an ever-shrinking sheet, and
- move a hula hoop to the ground, with everyone using just one finger to hold the hoop up, and also keeping their finger touching the hoop at all times.
The students worked hard and didn’t give up. It wasn’t easy, and many students failed at first, but they let their failures teach them! Everyone can be proud of how hard they worked together! Thanks to parents and family members for helping to coach the activities! We couldn’t have had Team Day without you!
Today, we also…
- started working on our class Mission Statement
- passed out Friday notes (look for your students shuttle folder)
Finally, we ended class remembering the sad events of September 11, 2001. We watched a presentation of images and also listened to a poem.
- Yellow magnets: 3
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 3
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet. Need help with SnapGrades?
- Thanks to all the families that attending our Open House last night!
- View the school supply list.
- Grand Blanc has a new Wellness Policy (PDF).
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.