September 15th, 2009
Class activities for Tuesday, September 15
Spelling: Students received their fourth grade 500 Core Word List (PDF) to take home, and the Unit 1 spelling worksheet. The Core Word List is the list of all spelling words this year. You can find more information in the spelling section of our website, including copies of the spelling list, all the spelling worksheets for the year, and sample units and tests to view.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 12-14 are available in class and due on Friday.
Reading: Students received new shared reading books today, Esperanza Rising.
Writing: Students made an Authority List of all the topics they know about, including places they have been, things they’ve done, and subjects they know about. They also started making a list of things they would like to write about this year. They will use these lists to select a topic to write about. Homework is add five things to their Brainstorms list. The first piece of writing, a personal narrative story, will be due into portfolios Friday, September 25.
Math: We reviewed rays, lines and line segments. Homework is to finish Journal p. 4, if not finished in class.
Science: We reviewed the Science Court Part 1 activity page from yesterday, and the assignment was collected for a grade.
Social Studies: We started a unit on the Underground Railroad by looking at this website.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 4
Check your student’s Personal and Social Growth grade at SnapGrades to see if your student moved their magnet. Need help with SnapGrades?
- Writing Portfolios are due on Friday! Students can decorate them with drawings, pictures, newspaper or magazine clippings, stickers, or anything else that can be attached to the folder and laminated.
- View the school supply list.
- Grand Blanc has a new Wellness Policy (PDF).
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date. View
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.