September 24th, 2009
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 29-31 are available and due Friday.
Reading: We used Esperanza Rising to practice picking passages today.
Writing: None today due to technology.
A personal narrative about one of their own memories is due into portfolios tomorrow, September 25. Students should be ready to publish their writing piece by now.
Math: We reviewed quadrangles and then used geoboards to make other polygons. Homework is to finish Math Boxes 1.5.
Science: We talked about how samples can be used to make a survey when it would be too expensive or too difficult to survey an entire population.
Social Studies: We learned about hidden messages in quilt squares (see the presentation below). Homework is to finish coloring a quilt square.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 11
- Do you happen to have any spare garbage bag twist ties? We would use them in math if happen to have any you could spare! Thanks!
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.