September 25th, 2009
Spelling: A spelling and skill test will be on Monday. Today, we reviewed short and long vowel sounds, which will be the skill tested on Monday’s skill test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 29-31 were due today.
Reading: We practiced discussing our Literature Circles responses today.
Writing: A personal narrative was due into portfolios today. The next piece of writing, also a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16. Any writing pieces or portfolios not turned in today are due Monday.
Math: We learned that polygons have three rules:
- No intersections;
- No openings or gaps;
- No curves.
We sang a couple of songs to review these ideas and to remember the names of common polygons (pentagon, hexagon, octagon).
Science: We finished our Science Court investigation about data.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 11
- Do you happen to have any spare garbage bag twist ties? We would use them in math if happen to have any you could spare! Thanks!
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.