September 28th, 2009
Spelling: Students completed a spelling and skill test today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 32-34 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; students were placed into book groups based on their reading level. Some students worked on writing good, open-ended questions.
Writing: Today was a prewriting day and students were shown how to complete a prewriting conference. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16.
Math: We reviewed polygons today using puzzle pages 32-32. Homework is to finish the puzzle pages if not done in class.
- Bringing in an object that demonstrates a form of energy;
- Making a sign or poster; and
- Telling the class about the object and the forms of energy.
The Energy Fair will be this Friday. See here for more information about the Energy Fair.
Social Studies: We started watching a Dear America movie about the underground railroad.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 2
- Do you happen to have any spare garbage bag twist ties? We would use them in math if happen to have any you could spare! Thanks!
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.