October 2nd, 2009
Spelling: Students made a Words to Learn list by correcting the words they missed on the last spelling test. This list is your student’s “spelling words” to study for the next test. Note that, even though students had 45 minutes to complete this task, some students didn’t finish and might need more time at recess next week to complete their list.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 32-34 are available and due Monday.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Some students practiced making connections as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today was a drafting day. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16. Students should be ready to finish up their draft early next week and start revising.
Math: None today due to the Energy Fair.
Social Studies: None on Fridays due to technology.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 11
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Tentative plans are being made for our Halloween party, which will be a Hawaiian Beach Bash! It looks like our party will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30 am until around noon. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.