October 5th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to a Math MiniQuiz.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 35-37 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some students practiced choosing passages and determining importance as a reading strategy.
Writing: We talked today about using details and examples to give the reader proof about what we write. By including enough examples and information, the reader will understand what is happening in the writing and believe the author.
Today was also drafting day. The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16. Students should be nearing the completion of their draft and be ready to start revising for the rest of this week.
Math: We reviewed 3D figures and reviewed polygons, angles, lines and triangles. Homework is to finish the review page if not done in class. We will have a test later this week over these ideas:
- Types of triangles
- Rays, lines, line segments
- 3D figures, including names and how to count vertices, edges and faces
Social Studies: None due to the Energy Fair.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 0
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Tentative plans are being made for our Halloween party, which will be a Hawaiian Beach Bash! It looks like our party will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30 am until around noon. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.