October 7th, 2009
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 35-37 are available and due Friday.
Reading: None today due to the late start.
Writing: None today due to the late start.
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due Friday, October 16. Students should be nearing the completion of their draft and be ready to start revising for the rest of this week.
Math: We practiced equivalent names for numbers (e.g., 5+2 = 10, 20-10=10, 5*2=10). Homework is to finish Journal pp. 29-30. The geometry test will be tomorrow, and will be about these ideas:
- Polygons (rules, names of common polygons)
- Types of triangles
- Rays, lines, line segments
- 3D figures, including names and how to count vertices, edges and faces
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: Students took a test over the underground railroad.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 2
- Magnets moved this week: 3
- Would you like to volunteer for a class event? Download and print a volunteer information form (PDF).
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Tentative plans are being made for our Halloween party, which will be a Hawaiian Beach Bash! It looks like our party will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30 am until around noon. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.