October 16th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed /k/ spelling patterns, which will be the skill tested on Monday’s spelling test. Check if your student has been studying their Words to Learn list of words they missed on the last test. These are your student’s spelling words. You can see if your student completed their list by checking the spelling section of SnapGrades.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 38-40 are available and due on Monday.
Reading: Three groups presented their Literature Circles projects today; the final two groups will present on Monday.
Writing: Today was a work day in Writer’s Workshop. Students were told that they can turn in their personal narrative story on Monday.
Math: Students played a game to review data landmarks.
Science: Students completed an experiment today using water balloons. One balloon was frozen, one contained liquid water, and one contained air. Students observed what happened with each balloon was opened. Homework is to finish the 3 Balloons experiment paper, if not done in class.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 13
- PTO fundraiser order forms and money are due tomorrow!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Halloween party Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.