October 15th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to the Reading MEAP test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 38-40 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: None today due to the Reading MEAP test.
Writing: None today due to the Reading MEAP test.
The next piece of writing, a personal narrative, will be due tomorrow, October 16. Students should be publishing by now.
Math: We made a line plot of family sizes in our class and used the data to determine data landmarks: minimum, maximum, range, mode, and median. Homework is to finish Math Boxes 2.6 and StudyLink 2.6.
Science: None today due to the Reading MEAP test.
Social Studies: We finished learning about Michigan’s natural resources: soil, iron, copper, forests/timber, and water. Homework is to finish the Etch-a-Sketch organizer started in class.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week: 9
- PTO fundraiser order forms and money are due tomorrow!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Halloween party Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.