October 23rd, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed the Unit 2 spelling worksheet.
Cursive: Students completed a cursive quiz today.
Reading: Students received new Literature Circles groups today based on their interest and their reading level. We also practiced highlighting test questions in a reading text, and students completed a reading test.
Writing: None today due to extra time with reading.
The next piece of writing will be a personal narrative that has been slightly fictionalized, or, in other words, a personal narrative based on a true story. This piece of writing will be due Friday, November 6. This will be the final writing piece of the first marking period. Students should be ready to start their draft this weekend or on Monday.
Math: Students completed a MiniQuiz today over addition.
Science: We read about matter, mass, volume and states of matter. Homework is to complete the states of matter Investigation Review, if not done in class.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.