October 22nd, 2009
Spelling: None today due to the Writing MEAP test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 44-46 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: None today due to the Writing MEAP test.
Writing: None today due to the Writing MEAP test.
The next piece of writing will be a personal narrative that has been slightly fictionalized, or, in other words, a personal narrative based on a true story. This piece of writing will be due Friday, November 6. This will be the final writing piece of the first marking period.
Math: We reviewed the partial sums method of addition today and then made a class bar graph of head sizes. We also reviewed how to find the median of a set of data. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 44-45.
Science: None today due to the Writing MEAP test.
Social Studies: We learned that timber in Michigan was referred to as “green gold” at one time. Timber was cut down, and sent to mills. The lumber was used in Michigan and neighboring states.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 6
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
- Our Hawaiian Beach Bash will be Friday, October 30 from 9:30-11:45 am. Sign up on our volunteer or guest list. We will need some help coordinating food and donations. Would anyone like to help coordinate that? Just contact me and I can give you further information.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.