November 6th, 2009
Spelling: We reviewed rules for capitalizing words:
- For specific names of people;
- For specific names of places.
We’ll review two more rules for capitalization next week.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 18-20 were due today. Students also completed a cursive quiz.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students also completed an informational reading test.
Writing: Today was a publishing day, and a personal narrative, slightly fictionalized, was due into portfolios. The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece.
Math: Students completed a MiniQuiz over addition, subtraction and bar graphs, and we played a game to review for Monday’s math test over these ideas:
- Data landmarks (minimum, maximum, range, mode, median)
- Bar graphs
- Reading and writing large numbers
Science: Students did an experiment to measure the mass of several objects using a balance. Homework is to complete the experiment questions, if not done in class.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 4
- The end of the First Marking Period is today, November 6.
- Need to make, change or check your Fall Parent Teacher Conference time? See here.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.