December 3rd, 2009
Spelling: We finished learning rules for adding suffixes to words:
- Double the final letter (tapping, bugging, tripping)
- Change the y to i (carrying, sunnier)
- Add es to some endings (boxes, switches, pushes, buzzes, glasses)
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 27, 28 and 47 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: Groups started working on Literature Circles projects in order to share their book with the class.
Writing: None today due to technology.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, December 18. Students should be drafting by now.
Math: None today due to Bring a Family Member to School Day.
Science: Students completed a science experiment today to learn what kinds of things a magnet sticks to, and what happens when magnets come close together.
Social Studies: None today due to reading a historical fiction holiday book about a girl from New Mexico.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Thanks to all the family members who visited our class today! We made papel picado punched paper decorations, paper poinsettias, and popcorn garland!
- Children’s Speller and Dictionary Order due Friday, December 4. Franklin has a sale in December every year. This dictionary, which we have in class, is on sale for $5 off, plus free shipping.
- Our trip to Michigan’s Capitol and Historical Museum is Tuesday, December 8. We need chaperones for the trip. Get more details.
- Friends in Service Here (FISH) donations for our six-year old boy are due before December 11. Thanks for your generosity!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.