December 2nd, 2009
Spelling: None today due to the late start.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 27, 28 and 47 are available and due on Friday.
Reading: None today due to the late start.
Writing: Students started prewriting conferences today. Some students also shared with the class their idea for their next piece of fiction. Ask your student what their idea is!
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, December 18. Students should be prewriting by now.
Math: Students worked on reviewing skills from the last test, if their test score didn’t prove that they knew the skill. Homework is to complete reviewing the skills attached to each student’s test, if not finished in class.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: None today due to going to the book fair.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Children’s Speller and Dictionary Order due Friday, December 4. Franklin has a sale in December every year. This dictionary, which we have in class, is on sale for $5 off, plus free shipping.
- Our trip to Michigan’s Capitol and Historical Museum is Tuesday, December 8. We need chaperones for the trip. Get more details.
- Friends in Service Here (FISH) donations for our six-year old boy are due before December 11. Thanks for your generosity!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.