December 11th, 2009
Spelling: None today due to extra time reviewing factors during the warmup.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 48-50 are available and due on Monday.
Reading: The final three groups presented their Literature Circles projects with the class. Students also completed an informational reading test.
Writing: Today was a work day in writer’s workshop. Many students completed their revising conference.
The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, December 18. Students should be revising by now.
Math: None today.
Science: We added some notes to our minibooks about how magnets stick to iron and steel, magnets can attract and repel other magnets, magnets can attract through thin materials, magnets cannot attract easily through iron or steel, permanent magnets last a long time, and the force of temporary magnets doesn’t last a long time.
Social Studies: None on Fridays.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 18. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending.
- Friends in Service Here (FISH) donations for our six-year old boy are due before December 15 (new date). Thanks for your generosity!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.