December 16th, 2009
Spelling: We learned common spelling patterns for the /j/ sound: j, gy, gi, ge, dge.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 51-53 are available and due on Monday.
Reading: Half of the class performed their monologues, reading their selection with good tone, speed and volume. The rest of the class will present tomorrow.
Writing: We looked at a few examples of snapshot leads, which are leads that begin a story by describing what a character or setting looks like.
Students also continued to edit or publish today. The next piece of writing will be a fiction piece, due Friday, December 18. Students should be editing or publishing by now.
Math: None today due to Student Council officer election speeches and voting.
Science: None today due to library.
Social Studies: We played a game to review for a Social Studies test tomorrow. The test will be over these ideas:
- The automobile industry;
- Unions and the Sit Down Strike
- Assembly lines
- Protecting our natural resources
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 6
- Our Mexican Fiesta party is Friday, December 18. Family members are needed to help with food preparations, set up, cleanup, and with the piñata. We also need help with food donations. Click here to see our volunteer list and add your name to the bottom if you are attending.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.