January 26th, 2010
Spelling: We thought of words that use the -ful suffix and remembered that suffixes are letters added to the ends of words.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 61, 62, and 64 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students continued to work on their Literature Circles plays to share their magazine with the class. We remembered that speed, tone and volume are part of good reading voices.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: use the search command to look at more pages)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: None today due to an assembly by Coach Steve Moreland from the Detroit Pistons.
Science: We reviewed yesterday’s experiment about how to connect a circuit. Students also completed an experiment testing different materials to see if they were electrical conductors or insulators. Homework is to finish the Conductors and Insulators experiment.
Social Studies: None due to an extra science experiment.
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 1
- The second marking period ends Friday, January 29.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.