January 27th, 2010
Spelling: We reviewed usage of I and me in sentences:
- Grandma and I went to the store.
- Do you want to go to the store with grandma and me?
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 61, 62, and 64 are available and due Friday.
Reading: Students continued to work on their Literature Circles plays to share their magazine with the class. We remembered that speed, tone and volume are part of good reading voices. Presentations will start tomorrow.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: None today due to extra time with Social Studies.
Science: None on Wednesdays due to library.
Social Studies: We learned about the different regions of the United States and some of their common landforms (coastal plains, plateaus, mountains, basins). Students also completed a MiniQuiz over map skills.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- The second marking period ends Friday, January 29.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.