February 8th, 2010
Spelling: None today due to getting new seats.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students received new Literature Circles book groups today. Groups also planned how many pages they will read each day.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: Students practiced adding and subtracting decimals today by going “shopping.” They selected objects to “purchase,” added up the cost, and subtracted the total from the “money given to the cashier.” Homework is to complete five problems to practice subtracting decimals from a whole number (Examples: 5-1.32 or 8-2.5).
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 0
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 12 from 1:30 pm to the end of the day. We need volunteers for food items to bring, including sloppy joe mix, buns, chips, and drink boxes. We also need family volunteers to help with food setup, cleanup and with the games. Click here to see the volunteer list and add your name if you are coming to the party!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.