February 16th, 2010
Spelling: None today due to finalizing the fiction writing piece we have been working on recently.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
- Abel’s mesosoic adventure
- Alex’s Space Adventure
- Ashlee’s CIA Missio
- Casey’s BIG gam
- Charles tarer on the track
- DOTUN’S NINJA MISSION
- Drew’s Wizard Off
- Dylans saber tooth tiger adventure
- Indira’s CIA Case
- Jacob’s Black Ninja vs Purple Ninja
- Jadyn’s Horseback Riding Story.
- Joel’s The Ultimate Ninja
- katies underwater mystery
- Mahrysa’s The Detactive
- Mary’s C.I.A
- MEGHANS OUTDOOR AVENTURE WITH A HORSE
- Nancy’s Proof Of Aliens
- Nate’s Ninja Battle
- Ryans world war
- SAMARI’S FBI mission
- Sara’s- Sucked in a Video Game
- Skylir’s Seaking of The Vampires
- William’s Area 51.3 Adventure
- Zach’s Jewel Mystery
- Zack’s X-Spy
View all the stories, including stories from other years.
We also started working on the next piece of writing, a persuasive letter about an idea to improve our school or community. This week, we are reviewing Core Democratic Values. Students should also be thinking of what idea they would like to write about. Here is more information about this project. The persuasive letter will be due Friday, March 5.
Math: We reviewed addition and subtraction with money and students completed a MiniQuiz over that subject.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We learned about transportation, sports and how the weather affects life in the Midwest.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 3
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.