February 12th, 2010
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays. This week’s assignment will be due Tuesday. Students also completed a cursive quiz.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Today was the final work day for each student’s Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook, due Tuesday, February 16. Students will publish their adventure as a website at sites.mrhowd.com. Students also had revising conferences by having a partner comment on their website.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here
- Look through The Abominable Snowman Choose Your Own Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book)
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas
- Play Zork, a text-based computer came. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
Math: None today due to our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party.
Science: None today due to our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party.
Social Studies: None today due to our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party.
Our party was so good, it was scary, literally! We sang some love songs (brotherly love songs!), passed out our cards and ate sloppy joes, chips, and fruit. Feb Factor games included sticking conversation hearts, slurping gummy hearts, affixing stickers, and munching cranberries. Stay tuned for pictures! Thanks to everyone who donated food and supplies; we had more than enough! A big thanks to all the family members that helped serve food, cleanup and setup games!
- Yellow magnets: 0
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 2
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.