March 30th, 2010
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today, students practiced reading their selected passage focusing on speed, tone and volume. Students will read their passages to the class as a monologue.
Writing: Students shared their I-Search topics with the class and started working on selecting a question to research. We also went to the library and students looked for books about their topics. Here are more details about the I-Search project.
Math: Today, we practiced multiplication facts for the Multiplication Madness competition on Thursday at 11 am in the small gym. Students also completed a 100 facts multiplication test.
Social Studies: We finished learning about scarcity of water in the Colorado River Basin and talked about how human changes to the environment can be good and bad.
- Yellow magnets: 1
- Orange magnets: 2
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 5
- The Space Fashion Show is tomorrow, Wednesday, at 10 am in the small gym.
- Multiplication Madness is Thursday at 11 am in the large gym. Fourth grade classes will compete to complete multiplication facts in a tournament format!
- Students were asked to bring a brown paper grocery or lawn bag for a project on Thursday.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.