April 20th, 2010
Spelling: None today due to extra time with writing.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students also completed a Reading Mad Minute and informational reading test.
- Week 1: Collect research
- Week 2: Select research, plan presentation, start draft of presentation
- Week 3: Finalize presentation, present at our I-Search Conference
Math: We reviewed the lattice method of multiplication. Homework is to complete Journal pp. 136.
Science: We went on a Life Hunt in the courtyard, looking for animal and plant life.
Social Studies: We learned that people have to make choices when they don’t have enough resources to supply their wants. We also started learning about the economy of the US, which is a market economy.
- Yellow magnets: 5
- Orange magnets: 1
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 7
- Our Mackinac Trip is Friday, May 14. Get more information here. There are currently 2 chaperone spots available. Chaperone deposits are due by April 30.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.