April 21st, 2010
Spelling: None today due to extra time with social studies.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students practiced plays to share their Literature Circles magazines with the class.
- Week 1: Collect research
- Week 2: Select research, plan presentation, start draft of presentation
- Week 3: Finalize presentation, present at our I-Search Conference
Math: None today due to receiving a shipment of plants and animals, which we needed to put in a vivarium and an aquarium.
Science: We set up an aquarium with goldfish, a crayfish, some snails and some Elodea plants. Our vivarium contains millipedes and Bess beetles.
Social Studies: We discussed the differences of economic systems:
- Market economy = controlled mostly by businesses and consumers
- Command economy = controlled mostly by the government
- Traditional economy = controlled by family traditions. People usually enter their family businesses.
- Yellow magnets: 2
- Orange magnets: 0
- Red magnets: 0
- STAR Awards: 0
- Magnets moved this week (goal: 10): 9
- Our Mackinac Trip is Friday, May 14. Get more information here. There are currently 2 chaperone spots available. Chaperone deposits are due by April 30.
- Find more information about Summer School, including dates and payment options.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at SnapGrades.
Every student in Room 130 leaves improved and prepared for 5th grade.